How to Grow Garlic at Home:
1. Plant in the fall. Stick individual cloves6 inches apart, 4 inches deep in soil with pointy end facing up.
2. After planting, cover area with mulch (we used dried leaves). This keeps moisture in the soil through the winter, but insulates so it won't freeze.
3. In the spring, remove any weeds that come up.
4.Remove the scapes once they curl (as Marta did in the video).
5. Harvest garlic bulb in the fall, once the stalks turn brown.
6. Cure the garlic by hanging to dry for 2-3 weeks.